Tengfei was in Bethel’s care when he was a little boy but unfortunately had to return to his orphanage. Tanner was born in 2007
Here are some pictures from when he was under our care
This is from an update from April 2016:
1. How is his mental ability compared to peers the same age? His mental ability is normal, but there is no blind school in his city so he has never received formal education.
2. How does his special need affect his health? He is blind. He has had epilepsy, but he took medication for it. He has not had any episodes since and is no longer on that medication.
3. Is he potty trained? Yes.
4. Please describe his personality in details. He is active and extroverted.
5. Is he well behaved and obedient? He is well behaved and obedient.
6. How are his gross motor skills? Can he walk, run, jump, and walk upstairs and downstairs by himself? Can he kick a ball? Can he pick up a ball? Any limited functions? He can walk, run, jump, and go upstairs and downstairs all by himself.
7. How are his fine motor skills? Can he draw or scribble on paper? Can he pick up little things with his fingers? His fine motor skills are good.
8. Is he in any kind of school? If so, what school? Can he catch up in school? He receives education inside the orphanage but it is not designed for the blind kids so he cannot study systematically. He knows some songs and articles.
9. How is his emotional development? Is the child attached to anyone? Who is he close to? Does he care for other people?His emotional development is normal. He is close with Hang Yang and he cares for others.
10.How are his social skills? Does he get along well with other children and adults? His social skills are normal. He gets along well with other kids and adults.
11. Is he under foster care or living in the orphanage? He has always been in the orphanage.
12. How is the language ability of the child? What can he say?Can he speak one word, two words or sentences ? Can he express his needs well?Is his language ability the same as peers the same age? His language is good. He can say whole sentences and can express himself very well. He can recite articles and children’s songs. He is a good singer.
13.Can the child follow directions of adults? One step, two steps, or three steps? Yes, no problem.
14. Is the child on any medication? No